Find more information on how to apply to the summer school on this page.
You are eligible if you
- are a current University student, graduate or undergraduate
- an international student (German students are not eligible) and
- have sufficient English skills for our English-taught course
Selection criteria will follow eligibility, academic performance and your personal motivation. The number of participants is limited.
As the fees are dependent by the date of admission to our programme, it surely pays to be quick! However, the following deadlines apply:
- Participants who require a visa: February 15, 2019
- All other participants: March 29, 2019
The fees are expected to include accommodation with breakfast in a modern 3-Star hotel (double room), lunch on course days, health insurance for the duration of your stay, free use of local buses and trains, all classes and materials to the Summer School German Politics as well as a social programme. For accomodation in a single room there will be an extra charge.
The first ten accepted applicants will be offered registration at an Early Bird fee of 205 Euros. The regular fee will be 255 Euros (double room).
Applications should include the following information:
- First name, last name, contact address, e-mail-address
- Date, place, and country of birth, nationality
- Letter of motivation (100 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Information on studies and international experiences
- A transcript of records, if applicable
- Preference for single or double room
With your admission to the summer school "German Politics" you will receive an invoice with the payment details and a short registration form. You will be asked to submit a scan/copy of your passport (all participants) and your European Health Insurance Card (EU-citizens only, more information here), which are needed for the registration to the University of Würzburg as well as your health insurance. Please make sure to enter a valid e-mail address and check your mailbox (including spam folder) regularly.
On request, we will be happy to provide you with an invitation letter for visa purposes.